Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back to the GrindStone?? and a Heartfelt Thank You to my Friends


Well, it's been since before Thanksgiving since my band was in the studio recording. The last few months have basically been just pickin' and havin' fun jammin' to alot of old tunes from our various past bands. In a way I'm ready to get back to business as we've had this latest project on the burner for over 6 months now. I guess its time we've finished up this little project.
Our goal was 12 tracks but, considering that a couple were Christmas songs, we'll likely have to replace those now. Yes, We had planned on releasing our demo before the holidays, so I guess we fell short of the goal. We have been updating our myspace music site though. We've added some vids and pics. It's funny to look back on some of them as some pics and vids were from way back in the early 90's, and some even from our high school days will be up soon. To set back and look at some of those pics and watch the old vids makes me want to either cry or laugh. (Mostly Laugh). You may never be able to go back in time but, it sometimes can be hilarious to look, hehe!
Though as of this time I am still planning on finishing my master degree this fall, I have to admit it's fun to be able to get back behind those lights, mics, and guitars and in front of those amps blasting away to the tunes of a bygone time when life was a whole lot simpler.
Anyway, this Saturday, me and John (my bass player and fellow singer) hope to lay down 3 more tracks in our home made studio we've have affectionately called the Boom-Boom room. All of our music is pretty much cover tunes but, we do a few I have written we are tempted to lay down as well.

On other fronts, things have been rather peaceful for which, I'm thankful for. With so much happening this passed year, I am rather looking forward to a year filled with happiness rather than sadness and despair. I was glad I was able to get over the hurdle of the Christmas season. I know Christmas should be a time of celebration and happiness but, once you've gone through a lot of life changing personal tragedies, you can really begin to relate to and understand why it can be one of the hardest times of the year for some. Just to be able to afford gifts for the kids was the biggest blessing. And though some thought I was crazy; I even put up a little Christmas tree with a few small gifts under it at Riley's grave. And yes, I know he's in best hands he could ever be in Heaven, still I miss him. It was actually the first time I was able to visit his grave site since his stone was set in June. Though I may never understand in this life why God wanted him with Him, I think I'm finally beginning to accept it.
Other than that I began counseling this month with a trusted minister friend of mine. So for those dear friends who have keep me in their prayers and thoughts I am thankful and hope that you all will understand that though I've been rather surrounding myself in a shell and acting out of character as of late, I want you to know I am really thankful for your friendships and I love you all. Each and every one of you are very dear and precious and I just ask your forgiveness as I work out these events that have happened. I guess that old sayings true; "when you on top of that mountain, that's when the devil will attack you the hardest to bring you back down to the lowest valley." I know this though, that God has been there all along, and yes, so have you "my friends." I hope you are all in the best of health and doing well. And though none of you may not know it, all of you are on my mind always. I know God has sent you to me and that He has a very special use for each and everyone of you. And yes that means you Jared, Brandon, Natalie, and all those how have kept me in their prayers, thoughts and hearts. You guys are all the best. But, healing takes time and some hurts can make a person do crazy (if not DUMB) things without thinking, so please just bear with me for awhile. Jared, I want you to know I love you like a brother and you will never know just how much your friendship has meant to me.
So before I start crying or something silly Like that I'll stop. But there is something to be said about the power of friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home