Wednesday, February 21, 2007

If it Was Simple, It Wouldn't be All That Fun

I'm back. Setting here at work once again wondering if maybe I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque. Anyway that's water under the bridge. It seems that I once again face the dragon as my wife has developed several complications from her pregnancy. We are now facing the possibilities of our soon to be latest edition to our home being born with Downs Syndrome. Not that this was already considered a high-risk pregnancy; she is now in her 5th month and already in the hospital due to myriad of problems both with her and our child. I still have hope that all will be well in the end. And I know my God has never let me down. If anything it is my own self that has disappointed Him.
All I can do now is pray and hope for the best, try not to expect the worst, and live with what ever the outcome. The Docs have put her on complete bed rest. This has really gotten her down and put a major dent in our finances, so it looks as though seminary is once again going to have to be put on hold. Although this has served to become somewhat discouraging, I still believe God has a plan for me and wants me to finish that which I started. I guess my biggest worry is going to be how I can pay for the care that our son will need along with all the other debts I have from student loans and such. Our insurance will cover most of the prenatal care but, says they are not willing and not obligated to cover any of the expenses that will occur concerning the child after he is born, including any birth defects.
The real kicker is they're also threatening to remove our other son from the policy. To be honest, I've never been a fan of welfare and cannot stand the thought of having to go that dreadful route, but I really see very little options at this point. I grew up in what could basically be called a welfare community and was raised by parents who were very proud and wouldn't even fathom the thought of being on welfare. And even now it would be really hard to accept that that may be a route to take. Besides a really good minister friend of mine who works in human services in my state says it would be almost impossible for us to even get help from them. I guess the truth be told I would have a hard time even going there anyway.
Yet, I will hold out hope that there is a light at the end of this tunnel and that all will work out. I may not be able to see it just yet, but its there. All I ask of my friends out there is that you guys keep us in your prayers.
On a otherwise lighter note, my 12 year old just celebrated his birthday on the 12th of this month. Though I was very hesitant I got him what he has been wanting; a guitar and amp. I now can really understand were my folks were coming from when they would quince every time I would hook up the guitar and amp they got me at 12. I guess its in the blood as they say (ha, ha). Besides, God must love musician's, just look at King David. {Or at least that's what I use to tell my dear old Dad}.
Anyway, I devote this last paragraph to all my old college buddies, who may still wonder by occasionally to my blog. DROP me a line guys and gals! I really miss all of you, and would love to hear from you. I know many of you are and have moved on to bigger and better things, but every time I think of you all, I can't help but smile. I was really lucky in that I met each and every one of you, for everyone of you were and are some of the best and finest people and friends that have ever came into my life. I love you all dearly and I thank you for your kindness and friendship during my time at Carson-Newman. You guys and gals really are the best and the cream of any one's crop! I hope and wish all the best to all of you cause, you all deserve it!! Be at peace, and may a pot of gold be at the end of ever rainbow you find.

1 Comments:

Blogger A. Whipple said...

I will definitely keep you guys in my prayers. If your wife wants a Playstation, I'll pack mine up and ship it to you. My aunt is soon to go to bed with twins! Should be interesting.

Congratulations on having another kid! It will always be a blessing, even if it's well disguised. Yep, I'm the last person with a right to say that, but we all know it's true.

I love you, brother.

I've still got the same cell. Give me a call.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home